FloorMatCompany.com, a Rubber-Cal, Inc. webstore, offers the following limited warranty on all sheet rubber, flooring, and matting products for a period of three years from date of sale to the original purchaser of our products.
- The product will comply with the technical specifications and be fit for those applications as set forth in the manufacturer’s published technical and promotional materials at the time of sale. THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NOR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF.
- The product will be free of defects in materials and workmanship (subject to the limitations set forth below) for a period of three years from the date of purchase from the manufacturer. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of products which are shown to be defective during the Warranty Period. The owner/end-user agrees not to advance any claim for any other measure of damage or loss. Rubber-Cal, Inc. shall not be liable for installation, disassembly, removal, disposal, return shipping, or other similar costs. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DISSATISFACTION OR PROBLEMS OR OTHER DAMAGE TO THE MATERIALS AS DESCRIBED IN THE MANUFACTURER WARRANTY STATEMENT.
- This warranty does not extend to:
- Products which have been improperly installed.
- Products installed over improperly prepared sub-surfaces or preparation of sub-base not specifically approved by manufacturer.
- Normal wear and tear of products.
- The surface appearance of the product or color inconsistency.
- Products subject to misuse, abuse, neglect, chemical cleaning, adhesives not recommended for use, or contact not specifically approved by manufacturer.
- Products which have been altered, modified, fabricated, or amended in any way.
- Cracking, warping, soiling, fading, improper maintenance or abuse caused during the service life and items such as roller skates, golf shoes, pets, cleat, weight, and exercise equipment, etc.
- Manufacturer’s sole liability under this limited warranty shall be the repair or replacement, excluding installation and other costs, at its option, of product strictly according to the procedures set forth below. The implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby specifically disclaimed. In no event shall manufacturer be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages, whether arising out of contract, tort or any theory of law. Rubber-Cal, Inc. shall not be liable for any damage, loss or claim whatsoever unless the material is installed and used according to the written instructions provided by Rubber-Cal, Inc. and used only as intended by Rubber-Cal, Inc.
- To exercise this limited warranty, manufacturer must be notified within fifteen days of any occurrence giving rise to claim and prior to installation, given opportunity to inspect the product, and have issued direction to the original purchaser respecting disposition of product to be replaced under this limited warranty. Purchaser shall comply with all reasonable requests of manufacturer in the administration of any warranty claim. Non-compliance with installation instructions and maintenance guidelines as recommended by Rubber-Cal, Inc. Manufacturer cannot assume responsibility for the suitability of flooring and rubber sheet material and accompanying products for each individual installation, use, and application. As manufacturer has no control over the installer’s proper application. Should an individual piece be doubtful as to appearance or dimension, the installer should not use the piece in question. Such damage is not covered.
- NO AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE OF RUBBER-CAL, INC. HAS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AUTHORITY TO MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION, PROMISE OR GUARANTEE NOT STATED HEREIN.
- Exposure to UV light and sunlight will cause color variation to rubber products.
- No returns will be accepted without written authorization from Rubber-Cal, Inc. Failure to comply with the above constitutes a waiver of your claim.
- Rubber-Cal, Inc. will at its option either repair or replace from current inventory of available products the defective flooring and or rubber sheet, provided the defect is not the result of misuse, accident, abuse, or alteration and provided further that the product is used in the manner specifically set forth in literature describing the product which is issued or provided by Rubber-Cal, Inc.
Prop 65: Rubber-Cal is fully committed to providing safe and environmentally friendly products to our customers. We pride ourselves in being an eco-friendly firm with a large variety of products made from recycled and reclaimed rubber materials. We offer rubber flooring, rubber mats, rubber doormats, and even industrial rubber sheet made from recycled rubber. Recycled rubber and reclaimed rubber are for the most part by-products of used tire crumb. And since the origin of the exact tire and/or rubber material recycled and used for the sake of the production of a specific rubber part are unknown, and since it is not feasible to test every tire that is recycled, that Rubber-Cal has chosen to provide a warning based on the possibility that one or more of the chemicals listed by Prop 65 may be an ingredient in tires.
The California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, better known as Proposition 65, lists over 750 chemicals that are known to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Proposition 65 requires manufactures to provide a “clear and reasonable” warning before knowingly and intentionally exposing anyone to a listed chemical. A “clear and reasonable” warning indicates:
- That the manufacturer has evaluated the exposure and has concluded that the product contains a listed chemical that exceeds the “no significant risk level” (as defined in Proposition 65); or
- The manufacturer has chosen to provide a warning simply based on the knowledge about the presence of a listed chemical without attempting to evaluate the exposure.
Proposition 65, the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 was a California ballot initiative (voted on by the public) and requires the governor to publish an annual list of chemicals known to cause cancer or reproductive harm. The latest list includes hundreds of chemicals from A-alpha-C to zileuton. Please see the below link to the California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment which puts Prop 65 in “Plain Language.” http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html